3 Simple Steps
To a Simple Uncontested Divorce
Why Choose Us
LIM CHONG BOON
Head of PKWA Family Law
- +65 6854-5336
Lim Chong Boon is an experienced matrimonial and divorce lawyer in Singapore with more than 25 years’ litigation experience. He is recognised by Doyle’s Guide to Singapore Family Lawyers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer.
Chong Boon started his practice at Allen & Gledhill, where he had the privilege of working directly under some of Singapore’s best lawyers.
He now has more than 25 years of experience in the Singapore courts. Chong Boon’s areas of practice include family and divorce law, probate, commercial litigation, company law, construction litigation, corporate debt recovery, directors and shareholders’ disputes, employment law, intellectual property, immigration matters, insolvency, landlord and tenant disputes, and property disputes. He has been involved in several high profile cases involving very substantial claims.
Chong Boon is the Head of our Family Law Department, one of the largest family law practice in Singapore.
Chong Boon is recommended by Global Law Experts 2015 edition as someone who “is valued by clients in civil and family law matters for his knowledge and experience in the law” and for being “practical and street wise.”
He is also highly recommended as a leading and reputable divorce and family lawyer by Global Law Experts as “a good listener”, able to“cut through the issues quickly”. He is known “to favour mediation over litigation in divorce matters, but will litigate aggressively in court.”
Chong Boon frequently appears in the High Court, the State Court and the Family Court. Some of his reported cases include Fornet Enterprise Co Ltd vs Howell Universal Pte Ltd & others  2 SLR 349;  SGHC 33 and OCM Opportunities Fund II, LP and others vs PT Indah Kiat Pulp and Paper Corporation  SGHC 73.
Chong Boon has previously served two terms in the Council of the Law Society of Singapore and has chaired and served on several sub committees of the Law Society.
He is also a Commissioner for Oaths.
- +65 6854 3475
Dorothy Tan is consistently recognised by legal publications and by her peers as a leading family lawyer. She is much sought after by clients for her tremendous hard work and expertise.
Dorothy has received the following accolades:
Dorothy was named as one of Asia’s top young lawyers in Asian Legal Business listing of “40 under 40 – Asia’s Brightest Young Legal Minds” in 2016. The list comprises of lawyers under the age of 40 who have been recognised for doing important deals, working on key disputes and other high quality work, and earning accolades from their colleagues and clients.
Dorothy won a landmark case at the Singapore Court of Appeal, after the client had turned to her for help when he lost at the High Court. The Court of Appeal case that Dorothy won (Twiss, Christopher James Hans v Twiss, Yvonne Prendergast  SGCA 52) has become a landmark case and has been cited and followed by the Singapore Courts in decisions involving division of matrimonial assets.
Dorothy is arguably one of the youngest lawyers at age 25 to lead a team and to win at the Court of Appeal and in a case that is now a landmark decision.
Dorothy was nominated for “Young Lawyer of the Year” by Asian Legal Business at the SE Asia Law Awards in 2017. She was selected by an independent judging panel of 30 legal experts.
Dorothy is also ranked by her peers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Singapore Business Review also named Dorothy as one of “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers under 40 Years Old” in 2016. She was selected from a list of almost a hundred nominees based on thought leadership, influence, and success.
Dorothy was shortlisted for “Woman Lawyer of the Year” at Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2018.
LOW JIN LIANG
- +65 6854 3283
Low Jin Liang was named as one of “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers Under 40 Years Old” by Singapore Business Review in 2016. Jin Liang was selected from a list of almost a hundred nominees based on thought leadership, influence, and success.
Jin Liang graduated from King’s College London (United Kingdom) with a 2nd Upper Honours degree. After he was called to the Singapore Bar, he worked as a banking and finance lawyer at one of Singapore’s largest firms. His work experience includes:
1. Acting for major banks and financiers such as DBS, UOB, OCBC, Bank Central Asia, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, MG Leasing Corporation, Showa Leasing Co. Ltd and borrowers in financing and re-financing transactions for construction projects, cross border finance lease transactions and floor stock facilities.
2. Acting for YTL Power Seraya to advise and negotiate on all its ISDA documentation for FX and commodities transactions.
3. Acting for major banks, such as Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, OCBC, UOB and DBS on banking and finance transactions in Myanmar and advising on regulatory and compliance requirement under Myanmar law in relation to grant of offshore loans and grant of security in Myanmar by foreign banks.
4. Acting for the Laguna, Banyan Tree and Angsana group in the development of the largest fully-integrated resort in Vietnam and in the sale of resort units and villas for investment and residential purposes in Vietnam.
5. Acting for reputable clients on investments/joint ventures in Vietnam and Myanmar, including for Sembcorp Development in a joint venture for the development of the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park in Binh Duong province of Vietnam, for Keppel Land in the development of various residential plots in Vietnam and for Mitsubishi Corporation in a US$200 million joint venture for the investment of an integrated food business in Myanmar.
Jin Liang specialises in divorce cases with complex financial issues, including division of assets.
Low Jin Liang speaks English, Chinese and Malay.
- +65 6854 3288
Daniel is an executive director in the Conveyancing and Property department. He has 23 years of legal experience. Daniel assists the team in property related issues arising from a divorce and complicated cases involving multi-million division of assets.
Daniel was a lecturer at Temasek Polytechnic from 1995 to 2000. He is the author of Non-Contentious Probate Practice in Singapore, a probate practice handbook for legal practitioners in Singapore.
- +65 63976100
Jessica is a graduate of Bristol University.
Jessica gets many referrals from her existing clients because of her humble, friendly and down to earth nature. She is very successful in mediation and negotiations, saving her clients precious time and money.
When dealing with contentious divorce cases, Jessica’s calm and non-judgmental personality helps parties to be reasonable and cordial to each other, and this often helps parties to reach a settlement.
Jessica specialises in contested and uncontested divorces and deals with a wide range of family and divorce issues such as:
a. children custody issues.
b. division of matrimonial assets.
c. maintenance for wife and children.
d. prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
e. Deed of Separation.
Jessica is bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- +65 6854 3062
Sheila Cheng has a Masters of Law (LLM) from the National University of Singapore. She also has a 2nd Upper Class Honours from the University of Bristol.
She recognizes the importance of making sure that her clients understand the legal process, the options available, and have a voice in the outcome.
Sheila advises on the following areas of family law:
- Appeal cases;
- Contested and Uncontested Divorces;
- Children Custody;
- Maintenance of Wife and Child;
- Division of Matrimonial Assets;
- Personal Protection Orders;
- Variation of Court Orders and Maintenance Summons;
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements.
As a student, Sheila volunteered as a writer at the Meet the People’s sessions at Holland – Bukit Timah GRC. Outside of work, Sheila also frequently travels to Thailand to do volunteer work with children.
Sheila is bilingual in English and Mandarin.
TAN RUI FEN
- +65 6854 1357
Rui Fen is a family law specialist.
Rui Fen concentrates her practice exclusively in the area of family law where she represents clients in all matters of family law, including divorce, division of assets, asset tracing, children custody and maintenance.
Rui Fen’s significant areas of family and matrimonial law work include:
- Applications under the Guardianship of Infants Act – including one for the urgent return of the chid to the home he grew up in.
- Divorce – drafting of settlement agreements, contested divorce, division of matrimonial assets and maintenance.
- Interlocutory applications during divorce proceedings – discovery and interrogatories to ascertain hidden assets.
- Custody, care and control of children – including urgent applications for return of the child.
- Adoption proceedings.
- Appeal cases – drafting of Cases for the appellate courts hearing.
Outside of work, Rui Fen volunteers with the Singapore Children Society’s Appropriate Adult Scheme for Young Suspects. She is bilingual in English and Chinese.
- +65 6854 3284
Charlene specialises in family law. She is a skilled negotiator and strong advocate. Her significant areas of work include:
- Divorce, including contested Ancillary Matters hearings, mediations, uncontested divorce;
- Maintenance summons trials;
- Applications for financial relief;
- Stay of proceedings applications;
- Variation of Court Orders;
- High Court Appeals; and
- Collaborative Family Practice (CFP) mediations.
- General Litigation
- Mental Capacity Act applications.
- Probate and Wills.
a. What is the ground of divorce? You and and your spouse must agree on who is to file for divorce (this person is called the plaintiff) and the cause…
Divorce is a legal procedure that ends the marriage. When you are legally married, the only way to end your marriage legally is to get a divorce. To get a…
At PKWA Law, our team of Family Lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore divorce lawyers by respected independent legal publications such as Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review, Global…
An uncontested divorce occurs when you and your spouse are able to agree to a divorce and on all ancillary issues (such as custody of children, division of assets and…